Tribute Automotive Products.com
Buy a Tach
Brake Bleeder Screw
Oil Pressure Switch Chart
'67 Tach Info
Buy Brake Bleeders
1. After removing the panel inspect the cluster for damage and or wiring issues. Repair any issues.
2. Remove the Cluster backing plate retainer screws and separate the cluster from the plastic housing.
3. On the '67 cluster, remove the wires for the alternator and oil pressure gauges or in the case of the '68 it will be the fuel and alternator.
4. next remove the speed nuts from the back of the housing and retain them. You'll use these to install the Tribute Automotive Products tachometer.
5.Remove and retain the fiberboard separators for reuse. Also retain the plastic alternator offsets as these will be used on the tachometer as well.
6. prep the Tribute Automotive tachometer for install. Feed the wires through the upper hole on the cluster backing plate as shown.
7. Make sure that the tach is sitting in the center of the chrome panel. Use a plastic offset and speed nut on one of the lower studs to hold the tach in place while you check the position.
after you are satisfied tighten the speed nut until it is snug. DO NOT over tighten. Take the top fiber board and cut a hole in the center for the tach wires.
8. Re-install all fiberboard peices (install the top ones first then remove the one "place holder" mentioned in caption seven and re-install the lowers with the plastic stand-offs in place as shown.
Inspect the panel for good fit and make sure that the Tribute automotive Products tachometer is correctly situated.
9. Use the included wiring diagram to wire the Tribute Automotive Products tachometer to the panel correctly.
10. If you have a '68 Mustang we can provide you with a fuel gauge to complete the dash panel.
copyright 2011 Tribute Automotive Products Inc. Rostraver, PA 724-350-4977